The best place to find the latest news about what fellow Pioneers are up to is on the Clapham Pioneers Facebook group.
Clapham Pioneers support members in races throughout the year. Here are a few of the races our runners are entered into in the near future.
- Southern Counties Cross Country Championship – Saturday 26th January 2019
- Dulwich Parkrun Takeover – Saturday 9th March
- Surrey Half Marathon – Sunday 10th March
- Manchester Marathon – Sunday 7th April 2019
- London Marathon – Sunday 28th April 2019
- Green Belt Relay – 18th / 19th May 2019
- London 10,000 – 27th May 2019
- Harry Hawkes 10 miles – Sunday 23rd June 2019
If you fancy joining us, don’t forget that membership includes registration to UK Athletics which gives you great discounts on races throughout the year.
2019 Clapham Pioneers Championship
To celebrate the tenth year of Pioneers running excellence, we are very excited to announce that we are launching our very own club championships! Aimed at encouraging all our members to get involved in this landmark year, the championships will be a great chance for us all to push ourselves across a range of distances, get out and about at events as an orange army, and most importantly, have fun doing something we all love! (Well, sometimes…) There will of course be the trademark Pioneers social celebrations to follow the races throughout 2019, in case you needed any more of an incentive!
So how does this all work?
The Championship will consist of 8 races ranging from a 5K all the way up to a Marathon (don’t worry, we vetoed Michael’s ultra marathon suggestions!) plus team events such as Cross Country & relay.
While this might sound daunting, the championship is aimed at everyone in club, not just the fastest runners, as the point system will see you gain points for entering races, for getting your PBs, and for your age group score.
And you don’t have to go all the way to the 26.2 miles, or strap on your first pair of spiked trail shoes to get involved! There will be 8 races, and to enter the championship you just need to complete 5 of the 8 races throughout the year! However, if you have decided 2019 is your year of running, if you enter all 8, we will count your top 5 scores towards your championship total.
Where on Earth am I going to do all this running?!
We are still finalising some of the details, and will update you regularly on our championship races, but so far we will be running:
- 5K – Clapham ParkRun (date to be confirm)
- 10K – Race to be confirmed
- 10 Miles – Harry Hawkes (usually June)
- Half Marathon – Surrey – 10th March (15% discount code to follow)
- Half Marathon – Pioneers European Trip (TBC)
- Marathon – Any marathon will count towards the championship (but why not join some of us at Manchester in April?)
- Cross Country – Parliament Hill – 26th January
- A Team Relay Event (such as the Green Belt Relay or 3 x 1 Mile Relay)