The best place to find the latest news about what fellow Pioneers are up to is on the Clapham Pioneers Facebook group.
Clapham Pioneers support members in races throughout the year. Here are a few of the races our runners are entered into in the near future.
- London Marathon – Sunday 3rd October
- Manchester Marathon – Sunday 10th October
- Royal Parks Half Marathon – Sunday 10th October
- Cabbage Patch 10 miler – Sunday 17th October
- Paris Marathon – Sunday 17th October
- Kingston Half Marathon – Sunday 24th October
If you fancy joining us, don’t forget that membership includes registration to UK Athletics which gives you great discounts on races throughout the year.
2021 Clapham Pioneers Club Championship
The inaugural Clapham Pioneers Club Championship in 2019 was a wonderful success but with the onslaught of Covid-19 we had to put everything on hold for 2020 and the first part of 2021. Finally with restrictions relaxed we can crack on with the 2021 Clapham Pioneers Club Championship. Yay!
Aimed at encouraging all our members to get involved, the Clapham Pioneers Club Championship are a great chance for us all to push ourselves across a range of distances, get out and about at events as an orange army, and most importantly, have fun doing something we all love! (Well, sometimes…) There will of course be the trademark Pioneers social celebrations to follow the races in case you needed any more of an incentive!
A reminder, the winners from 2019 were:
- 1st Place – Megan Woodworth
- 2nd Place – Ruth Dervan
- 3rd Place – Laureen O’Kane
- 1st Place – Brian Wiggins
- 2nd Place – Reynald Pouchin
- 3rd Place – Ollie Taylor
So how does this all work for 2021?
The Championship will consist of 6 races ranging from a 5k all the way up to a Marathon plus team events such as Cross Country and Relay.
While this might sound daunting, the Championship is aimed at everyone in club, not just the fastest runners, as the point system will see you gain points for entering races, for getting your PBs, and for your age group score.
And you don’t have to go all the way to the 26.2 miles, or strap on your first pair of spiked trail shoes to get involved! There will be 6 races this year, and to enter you just need to complete 4 of the 6 races. However, if you have decided 2021 is your year of running, if you enter all 6, we will count your top 5 scores towards your Championship total.
Where on Earth am I going to do all this running?!
The following are the qualifying runs:
- 5K – Clapham Common Parkrun, Saturday 13th November
- 10K – Olympic Park (completed earlier in the year)
- Half Marathon – Kingston Half Marathon, Sunday 24th October
- Marathon – Any marathon will count towards the Championship
- Cross Country – To be announced
- A Team Relay Event – Stragglers Race Relay, Sunday 5th September