Please click on this link for a risk assessment of all Clapham Pioneers running routes.
All members and non-members of the club are kindly requested to familiarise themselves with the club rules and abide by them at all times.
- Clapham Pioneers, and its coaches, members, or other associates assumes no liability for information contained herein, nor will be held responsible in any manner whatsoever for any injury up to and including death which may occur through reading and/or following information within this site, or participating in group events
- The club does not take responsibility for any injury, loss or damage that might arise as a result of participation in club activities
- The club is operated and managed by a number of volunteers in their free time and these volunteers cannot accept any responsibility for any events that occur at the club
- Every person attending the club must take full and complete responsibility for their own actions. Know your limits.
- If you require any special assistance, it is your responsibility to notify run leaders and/or volunteers. The club may not be able to fulfil your special requirements.
- All members and/or attendees acknowledge that participating in and volunteering for organised group runs, social events, and/or races with this club are potentially hazardous activities and may cause injury and/or death
- All members and/or attendees acknowledge that the club activities may include (but not limited to): falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road etc, all such risks which is reasonable foreseeable
- If you have any medical conditions that could affect you, it’s your responsibility to make the club aware of these
- If you feel dizzy, faint or unwell it’s your responsibility to stop exercising and to notify other runners of this
- If you stop mid-session you must not go home without notifying the session leader
- It’s your decision alone whether or not you are fit and able to run. If you are unsure consult your physician. We recommend that you can run at least 5k comfortably
- The volunteer leading the session reserves the right to refuse to let you run with the group.
- The minimum age that we can accept is 18 unless accompanied by an adult
- Any matters of concern should be directed at the Clapham Pioneers committee
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for running must be worn. You should dress appropriately for the weather and for the lighting conditions
- We recommend that you run with your mobile phone
- During darker evening runs we recommend that you bring a hand held torch or wear a head torch together with reflective clothing
- Each runner must accept full and complete liability for their actions
- Clapham Pioneers running club may use your photographs to share on social media. If you do not wish for this to happen please contact a member of the committee