Pioneers welcomes new runners all year round. There is no need to contact us in advance, just turn up to the club night and try out one of our runs.
- On the night simply look out for someone in an orange vest in Wingate Square and a member of the committee will welcome you and give you a briefing about the club
- We welcome new runners of all abilities but most people can run three miles / five kilometres when starting out at the club
- If you want to use the free changing facilities please bring a padlock
- On our short and longer runs we do not have front and back markers, so we will buddy you up with someone who can show you round the route. It is also worth familiarising yourself with the runs we do
- There is no need to become a member. We just ask non-members pay £1 on the night
- If you like the club and want to come back it is worth getting onto our mailing list, which you can do by adding your details into the relevant boxes on the homepage
- We only have one club night a week but many Pioneers make friends locally and arrange to run on other nights, especially in the lead up to races. We have a Facebook group where people post which runs and races they are planning on doing.
- Have a look at our FAQs for further information